Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ted's Day Off

     Ted surprised me last night by telling me he is taking today off. I am thrilled to spend the day with him...doesn't matter what we do, long as it's spent together. After dropping Matt and Ali off at school, we headed straight for Manila Express, a local filipino restaurant, for breakfast as that's what Ted was in the mood for. He had what's called Tap-si-log, Tapa ( a beef jerky like dish usually eaten at breakfast), sinangag (fried rice) and itlog (egg, in this case fried egg). I had fried rice, jeproks (crunchy dried salted fish) and sisig (seasoned chopped up meat). Sofi was taking bites of food between her daddy and me.

     Since Ted decided to spend today with us, our (mine and Sofi) schedule was of course thrown off a bit. Sofi still got to watch Elmo and Barney when we got home, after which she had a nap. And Ted and I got to watch a movie on cable...Oceans Eleven. That's one movie no matter how many times we watch, we are never tired of.

     Soon it was pick up time for Matt and Ali...which daddy does with lil Sofi. I am thankful for what little alone time I have. It's usually Sofi and I during the days that she is very attached to me, I think it even hurts Teds feelings sometimes that she prefers me over him. So anytime we are able to arrange her going with him is good, I get a little break and he gets to bond with her. It's good for Sofi to realize that her daddy can meet her needs as much as I can.

     Overall it was a pleasant day, I truly enjoyed spending it with my husband. We didn't spend a lot of money and still enjoyed ourselves. I look forward to the next time he surprises me by taking another day off...they are few and far between but always soo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment