Monday, November 14, 2011

It's all Pacquiao's fault!

     What a busy weekend it was! On Saturday we were having people over for the Pacquiao-Marquez fight. A great reason to party. We don't always have people over, it's nice to entertain from time to time. Let me make it clear that while our home can be a little messy and cluttered at times, but never dirty. It shows that kids live here by the occasional toy on the floor here and there. The older kids were excited about their cousins coming over that they were asking what they can do to help clean up...hhhmmm, maybe we should have people over more often!

       As Ted requested the shrimp tempura, he said he would help me peel and clean shrimps. The kind I got on sale was nice sized but it still had its head on, good thing Ted was true to his word. With the shrimp I also had broccoli and sweet potato tempura. The dish has turned out great every time I make it that it's going to be added to my list of favorite dishes to make!

     I already got the ingredients for shrimp tempura and pigs in a blanket a few days early, along with soda, plastic plates, cups and cutlery as well as napkins. I have a case of beer purchased on sale a few weeks ago, as well as a big bottle of pomegranate margarita (YUM).
   
     Sometime after breakfast we slowly started getting our place ready for the evenings fight. I love that people won't be over till late afternoon/early evening. I didn't feel stressed with cooking, cleaning up. Ted is the neat one in my family..me, not as much and I always point out I can be messy, but never dirty. There's a difference! Hahaha

          Family started arriving around 4pm bearing dishes of their own. Ted's cousin had korean style barbecue ribs called galbi and his brother has korean style noodles called jap-chae (not sure if I spelled it right) and a vegetable dish. The grown ups decided to let the kids have dinner first at 5:30, that way once the fights starts, it will be the grown ups turn to eat and watch the fight while the children either watch movies in our bedroom or play in their own room. Great food is always a welcome bonus at our gatherings.

     After all the pre fight stuff, the main event started at 6. The fight was a really close one with all of us cheering on Manny Pacquiao of course. We did notice he didn't fight the way we're used to him boxing, it didn't feel as exciting as his previous fights. In the end Pacquiao won, though it was a close fight.

     Sunday was a late breakfast for us and then church at noon. We got to relax at home before heading to my aunts house as she is helping us with Ali's school project (which would be another post). As we headed home from seeing my aunt, all three kids fell asleep. Just as well because there's school the next day.

     That sums up our weekend, busy and fun...it's all Pacquiao's fault! :)

1 comment:

  1. We didn't watch the fight coz we went to the church then went malling after. Just read the people's disappointments thru FB. Manny should give up his other activities and focus more on boxing, where he's good at. He can't serve 3 masters at the same time - boxing, congress & girls :-)

    Nice to know you had a great time with relatives last weekend.

    ReplyDelete