Sunday, November 6, 2011

Desktop down, desktop down!!!

     During the week, Matt and Ali are allowed use of our desktop for school work. On weekends they can surf the 'net, or play games if they wish. Unfortunately Matt decided to 'search' stuff he is interested in ninjas, rappers and what have you. As of Friday afternoon, he calls out to me, "Mom, Mom...something's happening to the computer..". I check and it shows my hard hard drive is wiped out...supposedly. I did the anti virus scan as well as a boot scan which showed me my stuff is still there...just files might be corrupted. Agh!! Matt couldn't explain where he went or what he did...all he said was he clicked on 'something'. I know some may say go get it fixed, but why pay if I can fix it myself? I figured I'll try and use my resources, ya know...Google, cousins, friends who are in the know. LOL! I'm thinking if they can tell me what to do, I can do it. I am a computer major after all, even if I haven't used my degree.

     I ended up sending my cousin (actually his wife with whom I regularly exchange messages) who lives overseas a message as to my dilemma. I consider my cousin's spouses my cousins as well, even if its through marriage, they are now part of our family and thus MY cousins as well. My cousin G is married to C, who is now 'my' cousin C..have I lost you yet? haha! Anyway, cousin C was kind enough to pass my "mayday" message to her husband, my cousin G. And G was pretty quick and replying to my questions all the way from the Philippines. Oh and I'm using my laptop at this time. Thank goodness for this thing called technology!!

     I have yet to do what G told me I should do, as I cannot get work done when my young'uns are around, too distracting :)

     I will however, keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment