Sunday, November 6, 2011

Busy days..and Halloween

     Finally have time to do another post. The past week has been busy, well my usual busier days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tuesdays is early dismissal at the older kids school (1:30pm instead of the usual 2:30pm), and Wednesdays they go to religious education classes from 4-5:30 pm. Those are the two days during the week where I sometimes feel like a chicken with its head cut off. Sofi and I run our errands while Matt and Ali are in school..it seems like we're barely done and it's time for pick up.

     After drop offs at 7:40 (when the school gate opens), Sofi and I usually go home for a quick breakfast and for Sofi to watch some Elmo, Barney or the Wiggles before heading out at around 9am for food shopping or whatever errand needs doing that day. Sofi will have a two errand max till shes itching to go home for her nap, so I like to do the more important stuff first...that way if she starts getting cranky, I'm usually done or getting done by around 11 am. On the non busy days, I'll take her to the mall to check out the fountains which she loves throwing pennies in and play in the play area. Other times I'll take her to a nearby library to check out books.




     This years Halloween fell on a school day, Monday. Matt decided to be a ninja, Ali wanted to be a vampiress and lil Sofi is a bumble bee. Ted and I decided he will take off work early to take the kids out trick or treating, but we will do so in the neighborhood instead of somewhere far. There is a Halloween parade at school, after which the kids and I can come home for some snacks and some rest before heading out for trick or treating when Ted comes home. We went a few blocks away from where we lived, most houses were elaborately decorated and they are giving out a pretty good amount of candy. Some people were giving out full sized bars...which us grownups appreciated as well!

2 comments:

  1. The kids surely had fun! I like their costumes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cookie! Not sure what I like more, the kids in costumes or the candies they get :0

    ReplyDelete